What is a Reinforced Bath?
When it comes to choosing your new bath there’s not just the shape, style or size to consider. You also need to to choose whether you go for the standard or reinforced version. If you’ve never heard the term reinforced bath before, don’t worry. We will give you all the information needed to help you make that choice.
Most of our reinforced bath tubs are from the company Trojan. Making a bath Trojancast involves a substantial reinforcement process for an acrylic bath. This starts by using a stronger 5mm acrylic sheet to manufacture the bath, this is then given a, hand sprayed, fibreglass flow coat to the underside of the bath. This fibreglass coating will leave you with a very distinctive bath, as this is green in colour!
The quality of Trojancast
A dedicated team of specially trained personnel take pride in each and every reinforced bath they produce. Spraying on the coating on very bath by hand.
At every stage of its production, the bath is fully checked. This ensures it reaches the exceptionally high standards that Trojan are renowned for. A checklist is carried out at each stage, without fail and this checklist comes with your new bath. Allowing you to view the journey of your bath and allows Trojan to ensure this meets their manufacturing quality criteria.
Why choose a reinforced bath?
- Once the flow coat has been added to the tub it leaves it much sturdier and rigid. Which, for you means the bath is much more resilient to everyday life. Making it ideal for a busy family bathroom.
- A Trojancast bath has all the associated strengths of an old cast iron bath but with all the benefits of a modern material. No longer is your bath tub cold to the touch!
- You’ll be able to enjoy a long soak in the tub without needing to keep topping up the hot water. The flow coat added to the bath has amazing insulating properties that helps the water retain its heat. Get a nice supply of bath bombs ready to savour.
- The guarantee of a Trojancast bath also increases to an incredible 30 years from 25 on a standard Trojan bath. So any manufacturing issues in this time are covered with Trojan.
- You still get to choose from the huge selection of shapes and styles available from Trojan. So if you've had you're eye on the Solarna L Shape or the Orlando Corner Bath, you can just upgrade to the Trojancast reinforced version.
Hopefully this blog will help you make you decide if a reinforced bath is for you. However, if you have any questions or need any further details please don’t hesitate to give the team a call on 0845 271 9929 or contact us via email.