At Bathroom Supastore, we are committed to protecting your privacy. We use the information we collect about you to process orders and to provide a more personalised shopping experience. This privacy statement explains what personal data Bathroom Supastore collects from you, through our interactions with you, and how we use that data.
The type of Information we have
Bathroom Supastore collects data to operate efficiently and to provide you with the best experiences with our products. You provide some of this data directly, such as when you create a Bathroom Supastore account, sign up for a trade account, submit a search query, place an order, contact our support staff. We also get some of it by recording how you interact with our products by, for example, using technologies like cookies.
The information we learn from customers helps us personalise and continually improve your shopping experience at Bathroom Supastore. We use the information to handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, communicate with you about orders, products, services and promotional offers, update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us, display content such as customer reviews. We also use this information to improve our store and website, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
Name and contact data. We collect your first and last name, email address, billing and shipping address and phone number when you place an order on our site
Payment data. We collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your such as a credit or debit card details, bank details and other payment information.
Where do we get your information?
We collect information mainly when you sign up with us, contact us and when you buy our products.
For example, when you:
- Register for our newsletter
- Get in touch with us to ask something
- Buy from us – Whether online or through the phone
- Make changes to your Bathroom Supastore account
- When you sign up for a trade account
How we use personal data
Bathroom Supastore uses the data we collect to operate our business and provide the products we offer and to send communications, including promotional communications.
Providing products. We use the data you provide to carry out your transactions with us and to provide our products to you.
Sort out a payment, put your order through our system or send you an order.
Customer support. We use data to solve product problems and to give excellent customer care and support services.
Security, safety and dispute resolution. We use data to protect the security and safety of our products and our customers for example to detect and prevent fraud and money laundering, trace and recover debts and manage credit.
Check what you're interested in, so we can offer (and develop) relevant products and services.
Send you information about our products and services, (or those from selected third parties we think you'd be interested in) by email or other ways. For some of this marketing activity we need your consent and, in those circumstances, we will only send you messages if you have asked to receive them. You can check and update your current preferences at any time in your Bathroom Supastore account.
We use your information in these ways and share the information as described below because:
- We need to so that we can provide you with products and services and to manage your account with us.
- We need to use some of your information to comply with legal and regulatory obligations (such as legal obligations to keep details of calls made by customers for a certain period of time).
- Some of our use of your information is necessary for our legitimate business interests (such as conducting market research).
- You have given your consent to us using your data in relation to some forms of use. For example, in relation to using your information to send you marketing messages. You can opt out of this at any time.
Changes to Bathroom Supastore's Privacy and Cookies Policy
How secure is information about me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- Our sites are also protected behind Web Application Firewalls with DDoS protection.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
How we share your information
In connection with the purposes described above, we may share your information with others.
This might mean sharing your information with:
- SagePay as a means to process your payment and conduct fraud prevention
- Couriers in order to deliver your purchases to your door
- MailChimp for the purpose of sending newsletter subscribers marketing and information
What choices do I have?
As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such Bathroom Supastore features as Your Profile, Favourites and Customer Reviews.
If you don't want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Newsletter Subscription preferences found in your My Account page.
The Help feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie or how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on's settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer.
There are certain reasons we have to keep hold of your information.
We keep information while you're our customer or after you've left us, but only as long as we need it for the purposes described above. How long we keep it depends very much on the type of information and purpose.
For example, we might need to stop fraud and abuse, sort out disagreements, prove that you had an account with us or follow our legal obligations, or the police may need it as evidence. We may also keep information about how you use our products or services.
In every case, the duration that we need to keep the information may be different, but we will only keep the information for as long as we need it.
You have a number of legal rights in relation to the information that we hold about you, including:
- The right to request details of the information we have about you. There are a couple of ways to do this and some requests have to be writing for legal reasons. Details on how to do this can be found here.
- The right to withdraw your consent to the use of your information where we are relying on that consent (for example, you can opt out of receiving marketing messages from us). Please note that we may still be entitled to process your information if we have another legitimate reason (other than consent) for doing so.
- In some circumstances, you have the right to receive some of your information in a usable format and/or request we transmit that data to a third party where this is technically feasible. Please note that this right only applies to information which you have provided to us.
- The right to ask that we update your information if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to ask that we erase your information in certain circumstances. Please note that there may be circumstances where you ask us to erase your information but we are legally entitled to retain it.
- The right to request that we restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances. Again, there may be circumstances where you ask us to restrict the processing of your information, but we are legally entitled to refuse that request.
- The right to make a complaint with the Information Commissioner www.ico.org.uk if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us.
You can exercise your rights by contacting us using the details set out in the “Contact us" section below.
We use a third party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our monthly e-newsletters. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies including clear gifs to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice. https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
We use a third party provider, LiveChat, to supply and support our LiveChat service, which we use to handle customer enquiries in real time.
If you use the LiveChat service we will collect your name, email address (optional) and the contents of your LiveChat session. This information will be retained for two years and will not be shared with any other organisations.
You can request a transcript of your LiveChat session if you provide your email address at the start of your session or when prompted at the end. https://www.livechatinc.com/privacy-policy/
Conditions of Use, Notices & Revisions
If you have any concern about privacy at Bathroom Supastore, please contact us with a thorough description and we will try to resolve the issue for you.
Identity and contact details of the controller:
44 St Helens Road
Tel: 0845 271 9929